1. VERTICAL POLE - Vertical post shall be constructed of steel with a black powdercoat finish. The vertical post shall be 6" square tubing with a 3/16" wall thickness. A 3/8" thick baseplate and 4 support gussets shall be welded at the bottom of the vertical pole to allow the unit to be installed via an anchoring system.
2. EXTENSION ARM - Main (adjustable) extension arm tube shall be constructed of dual 2" x 4" (11 ga.) tubing, single strut extension arm designs shall not be considered equal. Extension shall allow for a minimum 48" from front of post to face of backboard at any given playing height. The height adjustment crank cylinder shall have a minimum 11,000# capacity rating and be located no higher than 4' from ground level so as to make adjustment possible by all ages. Pole structure design shall allow for rim height to be adjusted infinitely from 10' down to 6½'. Adjustment mechanism shall include an optional locking device to control unwanted adjustment. A spring loaded backup safety device shall be included to minimize the amount of effort required to adjust the goal height when raising or lowering the unit. Pole design shall permit the rim to be mounted directly to the extension arm through the backboard so as to reduce stress on the backboard when player hangs on the rim. An easy-to-read height adjustment label shall register rim height.
3. BACKBOARD - Backboard shall be 42"x 72" rectangular steel. Skin shall be 10 gauge steel pan. Backboard shall have a white powdercoat finish, and have an official orange shooters square.
4. RIM - Standard rim shall be fabricated from 3/16" backplates and sideplates fully welded. Rim shall be double 5/8" diameter, high strength steel welded together at a minimum of six places. Nets shall be attached by means of a continuous netlocking system constructed of 3/16"x 1" steel with punched slots that facilitate the use of either nylon or chain nets (nylon net included). The entire rim shall be powdercoated orange. Other rims including outdoor breakaway rims shall be available.
5. WARRANTY - Pole, backboard, and standard rim shall carry a Lifetime Superior Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 440#.
Covers any damage or failure caused by any type of basketball activity or related contact with the unit. This includes deliberate hanging on the rim as well as multiple player hanging. The Superior Warranty does not cover vandalism.