Thunder Select Portable Basketball System
1. ANGULAR UPRIGHT AND EXTENSION ARM - The main angular upright shall be constructed of 3"x5" x 3/16 gage steel tubing. A zinc plated telescoping member shall be constructed of 2"x4" x 11 gage steel tubing. The horizontal extension arm shall be made of the same 2"x4"x 11 gage material. The angular upright and extension arm shall be designed to allow for a minimum of 48" setback from backboard to base with rim adjusted to 10'. Units with less than 48" setback are not considered equal. Extension arm design shall provide for the direct rim mounting of the rim to the extension eliminating backboard stress when rim is contacted. Two tubular braces shall further support the upper corners of the backboard. Horizontal extension arm shall be collapsible to allow unit to pass under/through any standard height double doors.
2. BASE CONSTRUCTION - The base is all steel construction comprised primarily of 3/16" and 11 gage formed steel. The front of the base shall measure 48" across for maximum stability during play. The ballast area (ballast not included) shall be designed to accept (23) 4"x 8"x 16" solid cement blocks each weighing 30 lbs. (690 lbs. total). The unit shall ride on six 4" non-marking wheels for easy "one person" portability. The front two wheels shall be lowered to the floor using a crank handle for easy one person positioning. After unit is in position for play the crank handle is again used to retract the front wheels up into base unit. Front foot pads hold the unit in place for play.
3. ADJUSTMENT - The unit shall operate via "EZ-Crank." Rim height adjustment is accomplished via a heavy-duty "worm-gear" box mounted on the side of the angular upright. Gear box engages a toothed rack welded along the backside of the inner telescoping member, making the unit infinitely adjustable. The unit is adjustable from standard 10' height down to 6'6" just by turning the hand crank. The EZ-Crank is operated easily by one person.
4. BASE & UPRIGHT PADDING - Unit shall be equipped with standard 2" thick foam padding mounted on 7/16" wafer board covered with a 14 oz reinforced vinyl laminate. Padding shall be secured to unit using 5/16 machine bolts provided. Padding need not be removed during adjustment, transportation or storage. Colors are available.
5. FINISH - Powdercoat black finish shall be applied to all surfaces. Inner telescoping member shall be zinc plated silver.
6. BACKBOARD - Constructed of 1/2" thick acrylic with bright white screening. The framework shall be constructed from clear anodized aluminum "L" type extrusions. Overall backboard size shall be approximately 60" wide and 36" high.
7. RIM - Flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact. The rim shall be of institutional quality with an official 5/8" diameter ring. Ring opening diameter shall be the standard 18" I.D. Rim shall have an orange powder coated finish. Heavy-duty nylon net shall be provided. Entire system shall be durably designed and constructed to allow for "dunking" action without compromising structural integrity or stability.
8. WARRANTY - Complete unit carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 810#.
Covers any damage caused by normal basketball activity and normal player contact with the goal. "Normal basketball activity" and "Normal player contact" shall be described as any action that is necessary for participation in the game of basketball. Deliberate hanging on the rim, multiple player hanging, and vandalism are not covered under the Limited Warranty.