Storm Pro Portable Basketball System
1. VERTICAL UPRIGHTS AND EXTENSION BOOM - Two vertical uprights constructed of heavy gauge 2"x 5" rectangular tubing shall support the main extension boom. Both vertical uprights shall each be supported by two 2"x 2" square tubular braces. The main extension boom shall be constructed of heavy gauge 4"x 4" square tubing with a 3"x 3" inner telescoping "slide boom." Backboard to base extension shall be 66" with rim at 10' playing height and a minimum of 48" at lower playing heights. Units without adjustable "slide-boom" extension are not considered equal. Extension boom design shall provide for the direct rim mounting of the rim to the main extension eliminating backboard stress when rim is contacted. Two tubular braces shall further support the upper corners of the backboard.
2. BASE CONSTRUCTION - The base is all steel construction comprised primarily of
3" x 1 ½" rectangular steel tubing. The front of the base shall measure 48" across for maximum stability during play. The ballast box (ballast not included) shall be designed to accept (24) 4"x 8"x 16" solid cement blocks each weighing 30 lbs. (720 lbs. total). The unit shall ride on four large 8" non-marking wheels for easy "one person" portability. Units using less than 8" wheels are difficult to move and are not considered equal. The front two wheels shall be on self locking castors (swivel lock & roll lock) which may be easily engaged once unit is positioned for play.
3. SPRING ASSISTED FOLDING, SETUP AND ADJUSTMENT - The unit shall operate via "Spring-Assist". Five 3 ½" painted coil springs support the weight of the backboard, rim, extension boom, padding and uprights (NO HYDRAULICS). Coil springs shall be painted to match the color of base. Plated springs are not considered equal due to "hydrogen embrittlement" which takes place during the plating process. Rim height shall be adjustable in six-inch increments from regulation 10' height down to 6'via a removable adjustment pin. The Spring-Assist system is operated easily by one person.
4. PIVOT POINTS - All pivot point locations rotate on high load, maintenance free bushings.
5. BASE, UPRIGHT AND BALLAST BOX PADDING - Unit shall be equipped with standard 2" thick foam padding mounted on 7/16" wafer board covered with a 14 oz reinforced vinyl laminate. Side pads and ballast box pad use 1 ½" thick foam as standard. Padding shall be secured to unit via 2" velcro attachment straps. Padding need not be removed during folding adjustment, transportation or storage. Colors are available.
6. FINISH - Entire unit shall be covered with a black powdercoat finish.
7. BACKBOARD - Constructed of 3/8" thick tempered glass with bright white fire impregnated ceramic screening. The framework shall be constructed from clear anodized aluminum "F" type extrusions. Overall backboard size shall be approximately 60" wide and 36" high.
8. RIM - Flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact. The rim shall be of institutional quality with an official 5/8" diameter ring. Ring opening diameter shall be the standard 18" I.D. Rim shall have an orange powder coated finish. Heavy-duty nylon net shall be provided. Entire system shall be durably designed and constructed to allow for "dunking" action without compromising structural integrity or stability..
9. WARRANTY - Complete unit carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 1210#.
Covers any damage caused by normal basketball activity and normal player contact with the goal. "Normal basketball activity" and "Normal player contact" shall be described as any action that is necessary for participation in the game of basketball. Deliberate hanging on the rim, multiple player hanging, and vandalism are not covered under the Limited Warranty.