Slam II Basketball System
1. VERTICAL POLE - Vertical pole shall be one-piece 4" square (sectional posts not considered equal) with a minimum 11 gauge wall thickness and allow for burying 36" in concrete. Posts with thinner wall thickness are not considered equal. Posts intended to be buried less than 36" are not considered equal. Pole shall have a watertight vinyl cap to seal out moisture.
2. EXTENSION ARMS - Adjustable extension arms shall be constructed of dual 2" x 2" tubing. Extension shall allow for a minimum 24" from front of post to face of backboard with rim at 10' playing height. Pole structure design shall allow for rim height to be adjusted in six inch increments from 10' down to 7 ' by means of a removable pin which secures the adjustment handle into a pin bracket. Two springs mounted in the extension assembly shall be included to counteract the weight of the backboard and rim making one-person adjustments easy. Pole design shall permit the rim to be mounted directly to the extension arm through the backboard so as to reduce stress on the backboard.
3. BACKBOARD - Constructed of 3/8" thick acrylic with bright white screening. The framework shall be constructed from clear anodized aluminum "L" type extrusions. Overall backboard size shall be approximately 48" wide and 36" high.
4. RIM - Flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact. The rim shall be of institutional quality with an official 5/8" diameter ring. Ring opening diameter shall be the standard 18" I.D. Rim shall have an orange powder coated finish. Heavy-duty nylon net shall be provided.
5. WARRANTY - Pole, backboard, and standard rim shall carry Lifetime Limited Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 195#.
Covers any damage caused by normal basketball activity and normal player contact with the goal. "Normal basketball activity" and "Normal player contact" shall be described as any action that is necessary for participation in the game of basketball. Deliberate hanging on the rim, multiple player hanging, and vandalism are not covered under the Limited Warranty.