Fury III Portable Basketball System - Product Specification
1. ANGULAR UPRIGHT AND EXTENSION ARM - The main angular upright shall be constructed of 4"x4" x 11 gauge steel tubing. A zinc plated telescoping member shall be constructed of 3"x3" x 11 gauge steel tubing. The horizontal extension arm shall be made of the 2"x3"x 11 gauge material. The angular upright and extension arm shall be designed to allow for a minimum of 48" setback from backboard to base with rim adjusted to 10'. Units with less than 48" setback are not considered equal. Extension arm design shall provide for the direct rim mounting of the rim to the extension eliminating backboard stress when rim is contacted. Two tubular braces shall further support the upper corners of the backboard. Horizontal extension arm shall be collapsible to allow unit to pass under/through any standard height double doors.
2. BASE CONSTRUCTION - The base is all steel construction comprised primarily of 3/16" and 11 gauge formed steel. The front of the base shall measure 32" across for maximum stability during play. The ballast area (ballast not included) shall be designed to accept (18) 4"x 8"x 16" solid cement blocks each weighing 30 lbs. (540 lbs. total). The unit shall ride on six 4" non-marking wheels for easy "one person" portability. The front two wheels shall be lowered to the floor by pivoting the front pad forward for easy one person positioning. After unit is in position for play the front pad may be returned to upright position to retract the front wheels up into base unit. Front foot pads hold the unit in place for play.
3. ADJUSTMENT - The unit shall operate via "EZ-Crank." Rim height adjustment is accomplished via a "worm-gear" box mounted on the backside of the angular upright. Gear box engages a toothed rack welded along the backside of the inner telescoping member, making the unit infinitely adjustable. The unit is adjustable from standard 10' height down to 6'6" just by turning the hand crank. The EZ-Crank is operated easily by one person. Units that employ "spring-slide" adjustment methods are not considered equal.
4. BASE & UPRIGHT PADDING - Unit shall be equipped with standard 2" thick foam padding. Padding shall be secured to unit via velcro attachment. Padding need not be removed during adjustment, transportation or storage. Colors are available.
5. FINISH - Powder coat black finish shall be applied to all surfaces. Inner telescoping member shall be zinc plated silver.
6. BACKBOARD - Constructed of 1/2" thick acrylic with bright white screening. The framework shall be constructed from clear anodized aluminum "L" type extrusions. Overall backboard size shall be approximately 48" wide and 36" high.
7. RIM - Flexible type so as to absorb the stress of player contact. The rim shall be of institutional quality with an official 5/8" diameter ring. Ring opening diameter shall be the standard 18" I.D. Rim shall have an orange powder coated finish. Heavy-duty nylon net shall be provided.
8. WARRANTY - Complete unit carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Entire system weight shall be approximately 495#.